What is a Bonded Warehouse?
A bonded warehouse is an area permitted to be established as a bonded warehouse according to the law on customs for storage. or display and sell stored goods, or produce, mix, assemble, pack or otherwise process goods stored in a bonded warehouse.
Types of bonded warehouses
- Bonded warehouse to store goods in a bonded warehouse.
- General Bonded Warehouse
- Bonded warehouse for storing liquefied petroleum gas
- Bonded warehouse for shipyard or ship building
- Bonded warehouse for oil storage
- Bonded warehouses to display and sell items stored in bonded warehouses.
- Bonded warehouses in the category of duty free shops
- Bonded warehouse for display or exhibition
- Bonded warehouses for in-flight duty-free sales
- Bonded warehouses to produce, mix, assemble, pack or otherwise process goods stored in bonded warehouses.
- Bonded warehouse, factory type
- Parole warehouse
Duration of storage in a general bonded warehouse
Storing goods in a bonded warehouse can be stored for no more than two years from the date of importation
Licensing conditions that the applicant must perform
- The place requested for establishment must be in an appropriate area. Must have an area of not less than 10,000 square meters and within that area there must be a strong storage building. and having an area of not less than 1,000 square meters or according to the size of the area that the Director-General deems appropriate which can be easily and concisely controlled by customs officers
- The construction must be carried out according to the plan submitted in conjunction with the application that the Customs Department approves. with a fence surrounding the entrance – exit that is strong and stable There is a workroom for customs officers. The working room must provide a computer with a communication system that links such computer to the customs computer system. for customs officers to use in supervising a bonded warehouse and make a sign for the bonded warehouse in accordance with the specified form
- There is a closed-circuit television camera system that can record individual events. vehicle registration number container number Or goods that pass in-out and can check the past image data for not less than 60 days, along with providing tools and equipment to support operations. Improving the efficiency of bonded warehouse management Including supervising bonded warehouses to be prudent and concise as required by the Customs Department.
- There is an inventory control system that can check the storage, take-out and remaining items. which can prepare accounting reports as required by the Customs Department And the customs staff can check at any time.
The difference between bonded warehouse and free zone
There are 2 types of tax preferential zones under the law on customs as follows:
- Bonded warehouse It was established to be a warehouse for storing imported goods with tax privileges as well. Therefore, it is different from general warehouses in that it can store imported goods for a longer time and take them out of the bonded warehouse as needed without having to take out the whole amount imported and pay duty only on the part taken out of the bonded warehouse. that If there is a wish or it is necessary to send back to foreign countries, they will be entitled to exemption from import and export duties, thus facilitating traders. It can also be assembled in a bonded warehouse. This is in accordance with the law on customs and regulations set by the Customs Department, for example, a factory-type bonded warehouse and a general bonded warehouse for displaying goods or exhibitions (Kor Sor Sor.) etc.
- Free zone means an area designated for industrial operations. commerce or other activities that are beneficial to the country’s economy, where goods imported into the said area will receive tax privileges as provided by law.
Therefore, a bonded warehouse looks like a single warehouse for storing goods. Or is an industrial factory that imports raw materials from abroad to produce together with domestic raw materials to produce products and then export to foreign countries or as other types of bonded warehouses according to the law on customs and the regulations of the Customs Department set But many people understand that duty free zones are privileged zones for national taxation. The same type as a bonded warehouse but receives more benefits than bonded warehouses and has a less strict accounting control system than a treasury. bonded Therefore, it can facilitate the transfer of raw materials between factories in the same free zone. But according to the law on customs and regulations of the Customs Department Free zones have important differences from bonded warehouses as follows.
- The establishment of free zones is considered a large land development project to be an industrial or commercial zone for real estate business for entrepreneurs. Organizations that want to set up industrial factories or related service centers in free zones The applicant for the establishment of a duty free zone must provide a utility system to maintain the condition. surroundings and can facilitate those who will operate in the free zone. This is in accordance with the relevant laws. Therefore, it has the same characteristics as an industrial estate, but there is a difference that the request for establishment and management within the industrial estate must be in accordance with the law on the Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand and under the control of the Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand. For some industrial or commercial zones that are located before May apply for approval later to establish a duty free zone in order to increase the value of immovable property by designating it as a tax privilege zone in the future
- The request for the establishment of a free zone can be divided into 2 steps. First step, the applicant for the establishment of a free zone must submit an application for approval of the establishment of a free zone. The criteria for benefits Office of Tax Privileges, Customs Department, after being approved as a free zone Those wishing to conduct business in a free zone must submit an application for being an entrepreneur in a free zone with the Customs Department as well.
Therefore, the person who receives tax privileges in a free zone is not an applicant for the establishment of a free zone, but an entrepreneur in a free zone that has been approved by the Customs Department. but may include those requesting the establishment of free zones themselves If approved to be an entrepreneur in the free zone as well
- duty free zone must also be subject to the relevant laws Therefore, it has the status of an industrial community or industrial zone under the Factory Act B.E. 2535. It is also subject to the Land Allocation Act B.E. Therefore, it has to be a large-scale project in order to be able to reduce the cost per unit.
Therefore, deciding to choose which type of tax privilege zone must consider the suitability and correspondence with the nature of one’s business in order to reduce taxation costs in the production of goods or services is important.
Bonded warehouse benefits
- Deferred payment of duties and taxes: By storing goods in a bonded warehouse, importers can defer payment of duties and taxes until the goods are ready for sale or export. This can help to improve cash flow and reduce the financial burden on importers.
- Improved inventory management: Bonded warehouses can provide a central location for storing and managing inventory, which can help to improve supply chain efficiency and reduce transportation costs.
- Flexibility in supply chain management: Importers can store goods in a bonded warehouse and decide later whether to sell them domestically or export them, depending on market demand and other factors.
- Reduced risk of theft and damage: Bonded warehouses are highly secure facilities, with strict access controls and surveillance systems to prevent theft and damage to goods.
- Simplified customs procedures: By using a bonded warehouse, importers can simplify customs procedures and reduce the administrative burden associated with importing and exporting goods.
#logistics #lynxgistics #import #export #freightforwarder #Bonded Warehouse #คลังสินค้าทัณฑ์บน